Aussie CD Search
merged with HMV - they have an excellent online service
This is the future, and it is already easy to use and affordable. Unless you use a VPN or something that disguises your location, you need to use a service that serves Australia, like these:
- Rdio - I happily use this product - free and heaps of tunes
- Spotify - and this one as well, both excellent!
- Songl - in beta at present
- MOG (Bigpond/Telstra) - I used to use this, but even with NBN I couldn't get it to stream without regular hiccups. But if you use BigPond, the bandwidth is un-metered
- Deezer - listen to 20 million tracks for free
- Rara - 15 million tracks, 99c per month
- JB Hi-Fi Now - 9 million songs, $7 per month, free trial
You'll pay roughly $10 per month. They can eat up bandwidth, so it makes a huge difference if they have a no traffic charges deal with your ISP - like MOG / Telstra
- with a catalogue of more than 600,000 titles, and a great interface
- Delivery on all In Stock items in one department, when the total purchase
for that department is $150 or more, is FREE
GEMM is the best place to find hard-to-get or
(Not an Australian site)
- Try eBay,
where Aussie folk auction their CDs and records
- JB Hi-Fi - they now sell
their products online
- search 250,000 rare CDs and vinyl records (UK site)
- 5 secondhand stores in Melbourne - search online
Online - in business for more than a decade, 150,000 CD albums available. Australian.
Charts - includes singles, albums & downloads.